Canadian ELD Mandate Facts:
- Transport Canada requires Federal Commercial Motor Vehicles to replace all existing paper logs used to record Hours of Service (HOS) with Electronic Logbooks (ELDs).
- Federal carriers are those that cross provincial borders and drive under Canadian Federal HOS rules.
- Most Provincial Carriers will require ELDs after the Federal Mandate with some provinces already committed.
- This initiative took place to streamline HOS management, reduce crashes caused by driver fatigue and increase fair competition between Fleet owners.
- Canadian ELD vendor devices must be third-party certified by accredited certification bodies.
Main exemptions from being equipped with a certified ELD are:
- Driving under the current HOS regulations exemption.
- Driving within a radius of 160 km of the home terminal.
- Operating by a carrier to which an exemption has been issued under the Motor Vehicle Transport Act
- Driving a vehicle that is subject to a rental agreement of no longer than 30 days that is not an extended or renewed rental of the same vehicle
- Driving commercial vehicles equipped with the engine manufactured before the model year 2000
Benefits of Using Navistream ELD
- Make the HOS process simple and hassle-free;
- Select from various federal, provincial and industry HOS rules;
- Improve truck driver safety and productivity;
- Customize Driver Vehicle Inspections;
- Benefit from using ELD Automated Workflow and rest assured that the logs are signed, and vehicle inspections are performed;
- Get quick and responsive Customer Service;
- Customize Reports;
- And more.
We understand that there is a lot to consider when choosing an ELD provider. We are here to provide you with a solution that is compliant, simple, adaptable and reliable.
Get your fleet compliant today.